Job Title: Communication and Advocacy Officer
Reports to: Executive Director
Duty Station: Kampala, Head Office
The Communication and Advocacy Officer shall play a key role in the development and implementation of FAWEU’s communication and advocacy initiatives in order to increase visibility and impact of FAWEU’s Advocacy interventions and campaigns.
The position holder shall support FAWEU in strengthening the collaboration with stakeholders and other education NGOs. She/ he will increase FAWEU’s influence regarding girl-child education and women issues through effective communication strategies. By increasing FAWEU’s visibility, stakeholders are reminded of their responsibilities and obligations to act and FAWEU’s voice is increasingly taken into account.
In collaboration with FAWEU’s programmes team, the position holder uses key messages developed in the field in wide ranging work with key external stakeholders. She/ he shall support FAWEU to develop effective tactics to use in successful advocacy campaigns as well as identify and pursue advocacy campaigns independently.
|Key Performance Areas/Accountabilities||Key Responsibilities|
|Advocacy||· Spearhead the development of an advocacy strategy
· Produce advocacy briefs and leaflets
· Draft press releases and articles
· Regularly updating and uploading information material on the website and other social media
· Assist in the profiling and visualizing of FAWEU’s involvement with key stakeholders as well as other FAWEU Chapters
· Identify advocacy opportunities relevant to FAWEU’s work
· Actively engage in the NGO working groups
· Lobby relevant stakeholders in regard to defined advocacy tasks.
|Communication||· Spearhead the development of a communication and information strategy in order to strengthen and find new ways of enhancing FAWEU’s current internal and external communication and information channels and increase FAWEU’s visibility
· Manage the communication decisions taken by FAWEU management and the board
· Produce and distribute a periodic newsletter
· Participate in surveys, evidence based and desk research and compilation of information for sharing
· Maintain calendars/ diary for coordinating key events
· Coordinating exhibit logistics, dissemination of publications and exhibition materials at events including maintaining/ tracking stocks of materials
· Spearhead the branding aspect of FAWEU
· In liaison with the programmes department actively participate in the campaigns that may be organized from time to time.
|Committee Meetings||· Is the secretary to the Publicity Committee
· In liaison with the committee chairperson, shall ensure that the committee sits as per schedule
· Shall spearhead the development of publicity committee work plan
|Finance, Accountability, Procurement and Human Resources Processes||· Make timely requests and accountability for all funds advanced to you
· Maintain a high standard of stewardship and accountability for all funds and assets entrusted to you
· Ensure safety of all the assets under your charge and report all faults to administration
· Liaise with the administration team for logistics on programme activities as may be required
· Prepare performance plans and participate in performance evaluations and appraisals as scheduled
· Adhere to all FAWEU Policies and Procedures.
|Other||· Perform any other duties that may be assigned to you by your supervisor from time to time|
QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING